Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The perils of going in the dark

I almost got squished like a bug this morning. Poop dog too since she was on a very short leash. I was approaching the traffic light on the corner where I usually cross. The light turned yellow so I started jogging, and it turned red just as I was about to step into the crosswalk. There was a car in the street waiting to go straight. Instead of crossing, I veered to the left and decided to cross a little farther down the street. As I veered, and this whole thing happened in about 2/10 of a second, a car roared through the right turn lane, went around the car waiting to go straight, and ran that (very) red light! Had I not veered left at the last second, it would have hit me. Hard. It had to be traveling at least 50 mph. It was crazy and scary.
I did the same 1.6 as I did yesterday, only I did it 2.5 minutes faster. I spent some time jogging and it was wonderful.
I'm planning on tomorrow and the next day off, as I think I might overdo it otherwise, taking into account the 2nd job.

No comments:

Post a Comment