I went 1.25 miles, same as yesterday, but today I timed myself. It took 22 minutes. Twenty.Two.
I just can't compare myself to when I was in shape. It's counterproductive. I will say it felt a tad easier today than yesterday.
I'm going to keep that 1.25 mile route until my back muscles are not yelling at the halfway point. Then I will extend it slowly. My goal is 5 days a week. I will be working my second job on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. I think I will be the most tired on Thursday and Friday mornings, so I will take those days off.
Yesterday I hadn't eaten before I walked and then when I came home, I pigged out. I ate my leftover Red Lobster from the night before, then a quesadilla and I think a donut. Today I drank a muscle milk a while before I left and I feel hungry now but not out of control hungry.
I'm spending time making a plan for the days I work both jobs. I'm scared to death that I will be hitting drive-throughs and wolfing down big macs and fries every night. So far, my plan is to pack a small cooler of food for each day. I want to have enough food so that I can eat on my way to the second job and on my way home. I'm ravenous at the end of the teaching day. I will need a hearty sandwich and probably a piece of fruit or something like that. Then maybe some nuts and dried fruit on the way home. I'll just have to see. The days will be long and I'm worried about getting my workout done in the wee hours of the morning. There's just no room for a plan B on those days.
I just can't compare myself to when I was in shape. It's counterproductive. I will say it felt a tad easier today than yesterday.
I'm going to keep that 1.25 mile route until my back muscles are not yelling at the halfway point. Then I will extend it slowly. My goal is 5 days a week. I will be working my second job on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. I think I will be the most tired on Thursday and Friday mornings, so I will take those days off.
Yesterday I hadn't eaten before I walked and then when I came home, I pigged out. I ate my leftover Red Lobster from the night before, then a quesadilla and I think a donut. Today I drank a muscle milk a while before I left and I feel hungry now but not out of control hungry.
I'm spending time making a plan for the days I work both jobs. I'm scared to death that I will be hitting drive-throughs and wolfing down big macs and fries every night. So far, my plan is to pack a small cooler of food for each day. I want to have enough food so that I can eat on my way to the second job and on my way home. I'm ravenous at the end of the teaching day. I will need a hearty sandwich and probably a piece of fruit or something like that. Then maybe some nuts and dried fruit on the way home. I'll just have to see. The days will be long and I'm worried about getting my workout done in the wee hours of the morning. There's just no room for a plan B on those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment