After 3 days off, I increased my distance by a mile and still went 3.5 mph. That's good enough for me! It is absolutely beautiful outside. I didn't have to wear a coat and neither did poop dog. I did 3 short running intervals, which felt great, and walked the rest. It felt so good. I have to get everything ready for next week so that I have ready-made packets of healthy stuff to take in my lunch/dinner box. Life is a LOT easier when I can pack my lunch/dinner in less than a minute.
I've become somewhat of an expert at my Pima job since I have spent more hours there than any of the other instructors, tutors, or proctors. The students' skills range from not knowing how to multiply a 4-digit number by a single digit, to bypassing the first 3 modules and getting to pre-algebra by their second class. The time usually goes by fast and I really like helping these people, so far. I tend to think that as in all college classes, the attendance will slowly shrink as the semester goes on. Maybe it will be different since it is self-paced and there is so much help available. We still have the age-old problem in math class where people are so afraid of being thought stupid that they quit rather than ask for help. A solution to that problem would be so very nice.
I've become somewhat of an expert at my Pima job since I have spent more hours there than any of the other instructors, tutors, or proctors. The students' skills range from not knowing how to multiply a 4-digit number by a single digit, to bypassing the first 3 modules and getting to pre-algebra by their second class. The time usually goes by fast and I really like helping these people, so far. I tend to think that as in all college classes, the attendance will slowly shrink as the semester goes on. Maybe it will be different since it is self-paced and there is so much help available. We still have the age-old problem in math class where people are so afraid of being thought stupid that they quit rather than ask for help. A solution to that problem would be so very nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment