Yesterday a couple of my 10th period students were passing around a picture, pointing at me and then the picture, and giggling. I was helping four students measure out flour for chocolate chip cookies (my 10th period is a cooking class) and dropped what I was doing to investigate. I confiscated the picture, and might have even thought it was funny if these particular students weren't making my life COMPLETELY MISERABLE! One of these students in particular is making me think I really don't want to be a teacher. In between rolling his eyes, calling me stupid, retarded, and whatever else comes to mind, and bullying the rest of the class, he manages to squeeze in calling me racist because he happens to be the only black kid in the class. I am a teacher, for christ sake, not a whipping post... his mother, of course, maintains that the problem must be me since I'm the one that keeps writing all the referrals.
I don't get paid enough to put up with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment