Friday, March 16, 2007

The Nightmares

There is a definite connection between my eating and my nightmares! Yesterday, aggravated all day by trying to teach kids who aren't interested in learning and telling friends about the disastrous date of the previous evening, I came home from work and ate two bowls of Lucky Charms. Then I ate a can of ravioli and a few hours later, a small bowl of macaroni and cheese. Starch, starch, and more starch, and precious few grams of fiber or protein. I fell asleep as soon as I finished filling in my brackets for March Madness, and had bad dreams all night long! I lost my daughter and couldn't find her anywhere. There was a wizard chasing me. I was at school and the professor was speaking some language I didn't know - possibly Klingon. Then I woke up feeling like I had a hangover, and with no appetite for breakfast as of yet.
Now, if I could only figure out how to neutralize the feelings that lead to my eating garbage before I actually eat the garbage. Yesterday I felt frustrated, lonely, and discouraged, and I chose to seek comfort in marshmallow cereal. I didn't even exercise. Is it possible that at some point I will be able to convince myself to head for the gym instead of the pantry for comfort? Because that would be really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment