Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Play it safe!

You know those Safe Auto commercials, where they have some idiot talking about how they've had so many accidents, nobody will insure them? Then the Safe Auto person comes on and says, "Play it safe! Call now." I've always hated those commercials. It's like they are saying, we don't care HOW bad you drive! Have as many accidents as you want! Kill people for all we care! Just give us your money!
Yesterday I was driving home there was a car in the left hand lane, going about 20 mph under the speed limit. Everyone is trying to get around the car but the car has pulled up next to a very large cement truck and is going the same speed, which is about 20 mph below the speed limit. Traffic quickly backed up. I could see the car right behind the slow car, flashing their lights and trying to get the slow car to do something about the situation. The slow car driver remained blissfully unaware.
Finally the cement truck turned, and we could all get around the slow car. I noticed while I was shooting daggers with my eyes at the (handicapped and elderly) driver that they had a Safe Auto bumper sticker on their car.
So not only have they had so many accidents they need Safe Auto insurance, they are also advertising for the company. OY VEY!! The whole thing should be illegal. I told my kids they had better take my license away when I start driving like that. Of course they said something to the effect of, hand it over then. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment