One of my mentor teachers told me before I actually started teaching that it was a job that will break your heart. "You will see things you are powerless over," she said. "You will be their mother and their friend, and spend more time with them than any other adult, and then you will have to let them go. Some of them will die. Some of them will die because they killed themselves. You have to be ready for that."
I never forgot that conversation because I knew it was true. But nobody can prepare you for when it actually happens. And it does indeed break your heart.
****, you will be missed. You were such a special girl - one of my favorites, but don't tell anyone! I'm sorry you had to go so soon. You were beautiful inside and out. Rest in peace, lovely child.
No comments:
Post a Comment