Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I cried at work.

This last quarter I had a math reteach class. All the kids from the other team who failed their first math benchmark came to me every day for 40 minutes to relearn the math. Then they retook the benchmark test. Some of them made great strides and did really well. That's not why I cried. A few of them actually did worse. That's why I cried. How can you come to me for 40 minutes every day and then take a test, and do worse than you did the first time around? HOW?? Either they are sadistic little shits and just made pretty pictures while filling in the bubbles, or they seriously did not learn a single thing, and not only that but they UN-learned what they knew when they came in. All that planning, all that effort and energy expended on my part, and this is what I get back??!! I just have to focus on the ones that did well. Focus. Focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment