Friday, December 14, 2007
Friday Gratitude
I am grateful for several things! First, I got an A in that master's class. Whew! Glad that's over with. Secondly, I am going to see the Indigo Girls on Monday night courtesy of my favorite brother-in-law! Ok, he's my only brother-in-law, but still. What a nice thing to do! Third, I got the day after the concert off work. YES! An extra day to myself to get ready for the holiday. Fourth, and here's something the universe sent me and it is profound. You know those riding chairs they sell to old people? Kind of like wheelchairs but they are electric, to increase mobility? On my way to the craft store this past week, driving along a very busy road, I saw an old man who had tipped his little scooter over in the crosswalk, and he was trapped inside the chair part, struggling furiously. He must have been terrified... there were cars whizzing by and even though he was in the crosswalk, he couldn't get up. So I put the hazard lights on immediately and pulled to the shoulder to help him. I went over and made a joke about taking the corner too fast, and smiled at him, and he grabbed my hand. I put my arm around his waist and pulled him up. At that moment I had a flash of memory of helping my grandmother up. And I was grateful for my grandmother, I think for the first time in my life, because I knew exactly what to do for this little old man. I got him settled back in his chair and he went on his merry way, and I could see why he tipped over because he was the Mario Andretti of the old people scooters. I am humbled by the wisdom of the universe and thankful to finally have a good feeling associated with my grandmother. It's about freaking time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment