I am borrowing from the idea of Thursday Divinity from my sister, but changing it just a bit. I'm working to have a positive outlook and a big part of that is being grateful for the things that happen in everyday life. And yesterday was a biggie!
I had one of my math classes in groups yesterday and I was walking around, monitoring their conversations. I had given them some quite difficult percentage problems to do and they were just getting started. I heard one of the girls kind of sigh, "Man, I love this class." Her friend replied, "Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite."
TALK ABOUT IT, SISTER! Two girls, and 8th grade math is their favorite class! I am so grateful for the path that led me here. I spent many years kind of wondering about the reasons for my existence, besides perpetuating the species. Now I have something that I love doing, and on top of that I am actually pretty good at it! I'm grateful for the support of my family because I would not have got through college otherwise. I am also grateful to them for listening to me bitch and moan my way through my degree. I am grateful for all the perceived hardships along the way, because in hindsight, they gave me all the experiences I needed in order to be successful as a teacher. I'm grateful for my kids, because they always believed I could do it. You know that commercial where the mom is studying and the little boy brings her a peanut butter sandwich? That's how my kids were. I'm grateful for the chance every day to go to work and change some teenagers' ideas about school and math.
So, there you have it! My first Friday Gratitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment