It's that time of month, which means bad dreams, but last night was a particularly nasty one. I dreamed I had hit someone with my car. I don't know if they were injured or dead, just that I had hit them. Before I got in the car I had a few sips of beer and so my breath smelled like alcohol. I was going to trial and my older sister was my defender. I was going to be sentenced to two years in jail unless I got off, which didn't seem likely because of the beer. It didn't matter that I had a few sips, just that I smelled like it. I was asking my older sister if she was ready to take the kids (my ex-husband didn't exist in the dream, one very nice part of an otherwise complete nightmare) and she wouldn't answer me, so I didn't know what would become of my daughters. By the time I got out of jail they would be nearly adults. Then, thankfully, my alarm went off. I hope the lingering sense of unease lets up before long.
I have to meet with the principal and the parent who is telling everyone that I am abusing her son tomorrow after school. I wonder if this has anything to do with the nightmare? I do feel like I'm on trial where this parent is concerned. Don't know how much of it is in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment