Thursday, January 25, 2007

At the Gym

I've been going to the gym religiously and walking on the days I don't. Since I am spending more time there, of course there are things to be irritated at. I love going, I'm making friends, etc. but I have got to get this off my chest. If I don't, I might say it to the offending party, and then I might not be able to go back to the gym. The offending party wears a t-shirt that says on the front, "Ask me why I'll never vote for Hillary." I saw this shirt many times from the front, and so I knew this wasn't someone I wanted to talk to. Not to mention she wears weightlifter gloves, you know the fingerless kind? For CURVES. Who do you think you are, Mr. T?? It's a fat lady gym! Anyway, I got a look at the back a week or so ago, and now every time I see this lady I just want to punch her in the head. The back says, "Hey Hillary, who says the antichrist has to be a man?"
Now, I am all for freedom of speech. But I have to think that the kind of person who would wear such an inflammatory statement on her body out in public probably doesn't give a shit what other people think. It's not that I am in love with Hillary, either. I don't agree with everything she does, and I understand why people might find her abrasive. HOWEVER. A woman is running for the office of President of the United States, and she has a shot. This is huge. This transcends political disagreements, in my opinion. Long ago I adopted a policy of expediency - whatever it takes to get a black female elected president, that's what I am going to do. Getting a woman elected president is a good, healthy step in that direction. Anybody but a white male is a healthy step in that direction! So I have a problem with women who are not only not supporting Hillary, but are dragging her down. What, you would rather have another fathead white guy who can't see past the size of his own ego (READ: PENIS SIZE)? Haven't we had enough of that? I know I have. That's why I WILL be voting for Hillary, unless of course my hero Barak is on the ticket. Getting a black man elected is closer to a black woman than a white woman. I think. That's a tough call. But I like Obama. My rallying cry is "ANYBODY BUT ANOTHER FATHEAD WHITE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!" Now if I could just get that stupid woman at the gym to go shopping for new workout clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment