I guess I'm just a bad mom. When it comes to the true sacrifices, I just can't cut it.
I have an infection and inflammation in my parotid gland, which in layman's terms means my head and neck freaking hurt. I want nothing more than to stay in bed. I don't even want to eat. So the timing is great because it's my oldest daughter's senior prom, and it's my youngest daughter's choir awards banquet. Early this morning I went with the oldest daughter to take her car through emissions testing. Then we went shopping because I needed something decent for the awards banquet. We came home and I crashed for two hours. Then I got up and did hours of fingernails, toenails, make-up and hair. Finished just in time to get myself and youngest to the awards banquet. Youngest daughter did not sit with me during dinner so I had to make stupid small talk with the other parents, whom I don't even know or care about. Got through the dinner and then the extremely annoying, conceited, self-important choir teacher got up to make her speech. She stepped up to the microphone and said, "Hello," and it was very loud. The volume was up too high. Then she says, "That's what happens when you have your master's degree in vocal performance. You learn to project!" Vomit. Seriously. She said she wanted to tell us about her experience teaching our kids in their choir classes. She started her speech with, "The first day of school..." I thought it was a joke but it wasn't!!! She talked for 45 minutes nonstop about the school year. When that was over, she started giving out awards. Award after award after award. When youngest daughter had received all of the awards she told me she would get, I asked her if she could find a ride home. She asked the girl next to her, who said yes, and I said I just had to go back to bed. I could not sit and listen to that woman talk for another two hours, which was the time the banquet was scheduled to end. So, like I said, when it comes to the tough sacrifices I just can't hack it. I came home, took a bunch of drugs, went to bed, and started blogging instead. Soon I'll be asleep and it will all be a distant memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment