Sunday, May 17, 2009
Hey, dumbass, I'm trying to save the world here.
I just went to the grocery store, with my reusable bags, like I always do. My new year's resolution was to cut down my use of plastic as much as possible. I bought bags at Trader Joe's (who has really cute bags for 99 cents by the way, made out of recycled plastic, so there's really no excuse to be using disposable plastic bags, y'all) and I try to remember to use them for every store I go into. Anyway, I got up to the checkout and the cashier started ringing up my stuff. I said to the guy, "I have my own bags." He says ok, and then just keeps going. I can see the bagger putting everything in plastic bags, so I finish unloading the cart and get down to where she is and say, "I really don't want any plastic." She says, "Oh, ok," and takes the reusable bags I hand her, and then starts putting the plastic bags in my cart! I said "No, can we take them out of the plastic? I really don't want any plastic!" So now I'm holding up the line, and the dumbass cashier finally starts helping us take everything out of the plastic bags and put it in the reusable bags. Honestly. What a moron.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment