Every day at work seems to last forever this week. It's a combination of my excitement for this weekend's trip to Newport Beach, plus the kids have end-of-school-itis which makes life kind of miserable. Yesterday they were complaining because I am still making them do work, and I just have all these tricks to make them work, and they can't wriggle out of it. So I said well, then complain to your parents, and then have your parents complain to the principal, and maybe we'll all get lucky and she'll fire me. Or I have another idea, start a petition. One of them says, "No offense Ms. P, but we already tried that." I about bust a gut laughing. Of course I already knew about the petition but none of them had ever copped to participating before.
On a down note, it looks like this will be one of those weekends where bringing work home with me is unavoidable. The kids are taking their placement test for next year, which will decide whether they qualify for the high-school credit algebra class or regular 8th grade algebra. The principal wants the lists ASAP so I have to get those tests graded. The good news is that I will only grade the kids who have a shot at actually qualifying for the HS algebra class, so out of 120 students I'll only grade about half their tests. I can also grade during the day while they are testing, so hopefully there won't be much left to do at the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment