Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ode to Post-it Notes

You come in all colors, so I never get bored.
You stop me forgetting markers for my white board.
You remind me when my kids will come home from school late;
You remind me of my Sunday night coffee date.
I have to write checks for Emily's lunch,
I have to remember to make Jessica more punch,
I need to put all of our clothes in the dryer,
I shut off the crock pot so the house won't catch fire.
I leave notes for the kids to tell them I've gone,
I remember to hire a landscaper for the lawn.
I've got to make appointments for us with the doctor;
On Saturday there is a test I must proctor!
In all of these things you help me keep sane
For in my old age, my memory does wane
The only thing is, when I use that last note
To remind me to buy more whole grain oat
And your holder on the fridge door is bare
Remember to buy more myself - do I dare??

No comments:

Post a Comment