Tuesday, January 13, 2009

eHarmony = eDiscord

My sister has scored quite a few bad dates on eHarmony, so I decided to give it another try. What is better than bad dates, after all? Turns out bad emails are also much fun. But perhaps I overreact. You be the judge. Here is the communication that took place in less than the past 24 hours:

Him: my name is tim and i taught math for pima college for 16 years. What are you up to today?

Me: Hi,
I am just relaxing after a good day at work. :)
Did you enjoy teaching math? I really like it most of the time.

Him: i enjoyed it very much. I also taught a lot of aviation courses also. Do you enjoy snuggling under a blanket watching movies? lets get together and enjoy each others company!

My initial reaction is to immediately close the match. He's too forward, it gave me the creeps. How about suggesting a phone call or a lunch date? We go immediately from email to snuggling under a blanket? EW. What say ye?

No comments:

Post a Comment