This 3 day week tends to be one of the longest in the teaching year. This week, the week before Christmas, and the week before school gets out for the summer are kinda tough! The thing that is different about this three day week is the number of parents who think their kid won't miss anything, and anyway they really have to get out of town so the kids can just miss school!! The number of absences is staggering. A full 20% of my homebase was gone yesterday and it will only increase as the week goes on. It leaves the teacher in somewhat of a difficult position. I don't want to waste the instructional time. The kids that show up deserve to have school go on. But I don't want to teach anything difficult because there are too many kids gone, and I will just have to reteach it. So, I am teaching something easy enough for the kids who are gone to suck it up and learn on their own, but hard enough that being in school for it is definitely a benefit.
Outside of work, things are awesome! The house is ready for Thanksgiving. I am ready for Thanksgiving. The groceries are bought, the chairs are in place, the floor is clean. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment