Tuesday, December 02, 2008

1 down, 14 to go!

I guess it's the norm in the teacher culture to count the days from one break to the next. It is strange to me because when my colleagues say things about how many days left until the next break, I think they must be as miserable as I am at their job. Which begs the question, why is anyone teaching? Why? The money sucks. You spend your day being treated like a booger smeared on a wall. You pour every ounce of energy you have into helping kids learn, only to be blamed when they don't. I guess these people are still teaching because they did what I did, and got their degree in education, and now what are they doing to do with an education degree besides teach? I just don't know. I have always said that life is too short to spend it doing something that makes you miserable. Maybe there is some reward to it that I haven't realized yet. But if that were true, why would everyone be counting the days? I don't know. I just don't know. I am trying real hard to stay positive, although reading what I just wrote, it doesn't seem like I am doing a very good job. I'll have to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment