I am handling it better this year, because I knew it was coming. Still, I am stressed about the testing next week. I continue to be more stressed by the administration than the actual testing. We've had two meetings so far and have signed two documents saying we will follow instructions, we won't look at the test, won't help the kids, etc. One of the documents says that if I do any of these things, I will lose my teaching license. So yeah, I really hate this time of year. I will be glad when it's over.
On a happier note, the state called yesterday and said that I passed the impact test and we are moving along towards a job offer teaching math to the juvenile delinquents. I have to fill out this ten page background check, which is mostly blank. I looked at it last night when I was nearly finished filling it out, and thought, man! On paper, I am REALLY boring. Even the part where you say how often you drink alcohol, I realized it's maybe once a month nowadays. What the hell? I'm old and boring! And I am going to teach would-be criminals!
No comments:
Post a Comment