Monday, April 14, 2008

6 more weeks.

I am counting down the days until I am finished at my school. On Friday, there was an announcement after lunch telling all students of a certain teacher to report to the library instead of class. His nameplate was removed from the door almost immediately. The door was locked. His classroom is right next door to mine, so I went through the adjoining workroom and asked him what was going on. He was utterly bewildered, packing everything in boxes in a complete daze. He said he didn't know what happened - they just told him there had been some parent complaints and they did not want him to finish out the school year. He was to pack everything and go, right then.
Common sense tells me he must have done something really bad, but wouldn't he know why he was being asked to leave, if that was the case? For my own peace of mind, I need to know that he did something to justify the way he was treated. But nobody will say anything. It's like he didn't exist.
The culture of fear at this district is simply intolerable. I hope I am not next... but then again, if they fire me I won't have to count down any more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment