Thursday, July 19, 2007

O M G

The phone call I had been dreading for months finally came. I talked to an investigator from California about the case against my mother's sister's husband (I would say uncle but I refuse to claim him, or my mom's sister for that matter) and found out that the records of my case in Tucson from 26 years ago are nowhere to be found. So I had to relive the whole thing - well, I didn't have to, but I did because otherwise the creep's granddaughters won't be safe from him. It will be a month or so before I find out if they are filing charges against him. I hope it goes to court because I'd really like to testify. I didn't get to do that when I was a kid because he took a plea, which he will probably do again if given the opportunity. I hope he goes to jail and becomes some bruno's girlfriend.
The first two weeks of school are done. Eight more to go until fall break. We have five new teachers on our staff, and two of them are close to quitting. I am surprised every day they show up for work. I feel so sorry for them, because I remember what that felt like, being new to my district and trying to do everything they want us to do, which isn't humanly possible by the way, and trying to decide what was urgent and what wasn't because it all seems urgent, so I would just dissolve in a puddle of tears, which is what these teachers are doing. So I keep dropping what I am doing to help them, which leaves me with a LOT to do over the weekend. So now I've really cooked my own goose because there aren't enough hours to do everything I have to do. Watch:
I have about 10 hours worth of homework for my online class. That's 2 weeks because I haven't done any homework since school started. This is a class that is required by the state of Arizona in order to keep my teaching certificate.
I have about 10 hours worth of lesson planning to do. I didn't get any done over the week, plus I have to plan Tuesday and Thursday for a sub, which takes longer.
I need about 3 hours to clean the house, and that's if my bratty daughters help me, which is a pretty big IF. I'm gonna have to take away their phones and stuff in order to convince them. Ugh.
I have about 2 hours worth of planning for the union meeting, for which I am the vice president, and it will take 2 hours because I've never done it before.
I've already committed to spending Sunday between 1:00 - 5:00 with the new teachers, helping them plan for the coming week.
Sleep is about 16 hours. Won't give any of that up.
The fam is coming Sunday for dinner, so Sunday night is shot.
I have about 2 hours worth of grading papers, which absolutely has to be done. No wiggle room there.
So that is 48 hours worth of stuff, and guess what, I just blew 1/2 hour writing on my blog so I am left with 47.5 hours to do all that. I better get going. And hope I don't have to poop any time in the next 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment