We have conferences today and tomorrow. They are not parent-teacher conferences anymore. They are student led conferences. The student runs the conference. We have spent a week preparing them, having them evaluate themselves and their performance in school. The big idea is to get them to feel ownership over their grades. It's a good idea... but there is resistance from some of the kids and some of the parents. The same ones that have always blamed the teacher and the school for their kids' shortcomings. Most of them are ok with it though.
Either way it means I have to work until 7:30 tonight, which sucks no matter how you slice it. I am wearing all black, putting my hair in a bun, and wearing my sensible shoes. I'm all business today. I have to be - each conference lasts 20 minutes and there is no way I'm getting behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment