Yesterday I found out that my favorite student (the one whose mother sent that nasty email on Friday) had said that he couldn't talk to my partner teacher about the problems he was having with me because the partner teacher and I are getting MARRIED. For some reason, that final tidbit was enough to snap me out of the pity party I had been having for myself all damn weekend and I found some sympathy for the kid. He's crazy, and in the classic words of Ray Barone's dad, "You can't be mad at a crazy person." Regardless of what level of reality this poor child is living in, he believes I dislike him. So the partner teacher is going to handle him, and I am going to work to make my few interactions with him very positive. Then I am going to ignore his mother and let the principal handle her.
I do feel like I have made a huge mistake doing special ed. It did not occur to me when I signed on for it that working with resource kids would mean dealing with crazy people. It totally makes sense... duh! And since I am not even making enough money to make ends meet, and I am going to have to find a weekend job, probably for minimum wage, I am thinking, what am I doing? I can look for a different line of work, where I make enough money, and don't have crazy people after me.
No comments:
Post a Comment