Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Trying not to hope....

I eventually had one match from the speed dating, so there goes my freebie. Then the match didn't email me. *sigh*
The good news is I continue to receive a couple of contacts per week. Some of them are called "eye contacts" which I don't respond to, per The Rules. Except there was this one whose message in the eye contact was "I think you're hot!" and he is a musician who holds a day job, and loves sushi, and etc. So I broke the rules and sent him a message. All it said was, "Thanks. Do you have a photo?" because he doesn't have one on his profile, and The Rules say if he isn't willing to send it to me, then he's POOF!
He wrote back last night and gave me his home email address, and said he would love to send me his picture. So, I am chomping at the bit to write back, but I am counting down the MANDATORY 24 HOUR WAITING PERIOD. These rules can be very tiresome. Now, tell me honestly, which reeks more of desperation: writing back at 6:30 a.m., which is only 8 hours later than when the message was sent, but is your regularly scheduled email time; or, waiting until 10:00 at night, when I am normally fast asleep, and THEN sending an email, just so I can wait 24 hours to respond??
Well, I am going to continue to follow the rules, and if I'm not awake this evening then I will write back tomorrow morning. Supposedly, the longer I take to write back, the more I am a "mystery woman" and he will be waiting and wondering what I am doing in the meantime. What if he just thinks I'm not interested? The book assures me that won't happen.
Oh, the humanity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment