Saturday, September 30, 2006

I can do this!

I did not hear back from the musician. He must have taken a closer look at my profile and saw the part that says "body type: curvy." Now, that is a huge assumption on my part, but I do have some experiences on which to make that assumption. The vast majority of men who are dating online will stop reading a woman's profile when they get to the "body type" section unless it says trim, athletic, etc. I wonder if these men realize that they are reducing their chances of finding a date by about half. I doubt they care. I understand why there is such a problem with saying in your online profile that you are overweight, because so many people lie. I have met men who list their body type as "a few extra pounds" and in person they are unquestionably "large." So if these same men read my profile and it says "curvy," they probably read: FAT. And while I am overweight, it is never as much of an issue in person as it is online. I get hit on regularly in real life, so I know I am not unattractive. Either way, if that is all it takes for Mr. I'm Too Good For You Fat Chicks Musician to not write me back, his loss. I'll just keep telling myself that until I believe it.
To assuage my wounded ego, I decided to take up dancing. I am in the process of finding a partner. I am going to start with Salsa or Tango, I think. I found a wonderful event calendar online with all kinds of things to do, and if I am not busy with dates, then I will just make myself busy with other stuff. I just need to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment