Gyms have come a long way, baby. Today I went with a friend to her gym. It was fantastic! The machines were clean, well-functioning, and easy to use. And plentiful. They have stair steppers, ellipticals, 2 kinds of bikes, treadmills, and lots of weight lifting. There were these machines that I have never seen before - personal trainer machines or something like that - I definitely want to investigate that next time I go. I am definitely thinking about joining. It's $9.99 a month with no contract, but you have to pay a stupid start-up fee and then an annual fee every January. It was so awesome though... the biggest ceiling fans I have ever seen. Ipod chargers built in to the machines. Fans built in to the treadmills. Plentiful TV's and all you have to do is plug your headphones in to the machine and choose the channel you want. Lots of cleaning stations. The best part - get this!! A "no grunting" rule. There is no cursing, shouting, yelling, or other kind of noise-making. They have created an atmosphere that is incredibly welcoming. I was very impressed, obviously.
So, I have exercised 3 days in a row. Today I did 3 machines and worked out for 45 minutes. It was so much more pleasant at that gym. The workout room at my apartment complex has 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 2 ellipticals. One of the elliptical display panels is all paint splattered and can't really be used. One of the bikes has a missing handle and a torn seat. Worst of all, it is hotter than hell in there. There is no cleaning station and not even a fan. It's better than nothing. It just doesn't inspire me to want to go in there much, or stay long once I'm there.
Food has gone well the last 2 days. I'm still eating too many calories but they are good calories, so I have no qualms about that. I haven't weighed myself and I hope I don't give in and do it. It does absolutely no good. The scale doesn't tell me whether or not my clothes fit... only whether or not they SHOULD according to my history. That's bad because then I get on the scale, think oh, I can wear those shorts because this is how much I weight last time they fit! Then they don't fit, because my weight is distributed differently or whatever, and then I'm pissed. Being pissed about anything food or weight related leads to eating food. Stupid, huh?
So, I have exercised 3 days in a row. Today I did 3 machines and worked out for 45 minutes. It was so much more pleasant at that gym. The workout room at my apartment complex has 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 2 ellipticals. One of the elliptical display panels is all paint splattered and can't really be used. One of the bikes has a missing handle and a torn seat. Worst of all, it is hotter than hell in there. There is no cleaning station and not even a fan. It's better than nothing. It just doesn't inspire me to want to go in there much, or stay long once I'm there.
Food has gone well the last 2 days. I'm still eating too many calories but they are good calories, so I have no qualms about that. I haven't weighed myself and I hope I don't give in and do it. It does absolutely no good. The scale doesn't tell me whether or not my clothes fit... only whether or not they SHOULD according to my history. That's bad because then I get on the scale, think oh, I can wear those shorts because this is how much I weight last time they fit! Then they don't fit, because my weight is distributed differently or whatever, and then I'm pissed. Being pissed about anything food or weight related leads to eating food. Stupid, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment