Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Good Week

The past week has been mostly successful as far as my quest to adopt a whole foods diet. I have had cheese and some milk, but no meat other than shrimp that I had yesterday. My friend Maggie wants to do the juice reboot we saw when we watched "Fat, Sick, and Dying." (You can watch the movie at the same website for free - just go to the Home tab.) I don't think I want to do it. I simply cannot imagine giving up food for any period of time. I'm also worried about the low protein intake, although I have not found any evidence that it is a problem, even long-term. A large quantity of greens provides more protein than I knew.
Yesterday I stopped at Panda Express in between a doctor's appointment and a pedicure, and I ate the honey-walnut shrimp with chow mien. The chow mien was OK but I did not care for the feeling of chewing the shrimp, and it was way too sweet. The walnuts were candied, for god's sake. It was pretty much gross.
I'm feeling almost ready to start exercising again. I have to keep reminding myself that I can do other things besides trying to run. I just want so badly to get back into the shape I was before, when I was doing half marathons. Riding the bike and/or doing the elliptical will help get me ready. I just need to keep that in mind.
I'm much more stable following the adjustment to my medication a couple of weeks ago. I am not feeling sorry for myself anymore and feel happy most of the time. I had a dentist appointment on Friday, and those are always traumatic even though I get the nitrous oxide. I had to have extra novocaine because it was hurting on the side of my mouth opposite of where he was drilling. As a result, the entire lower left part of my face was numb, including my nose. It was horrid. Last night I dreamed that I was numb all the way up to one eye, and it wouldn't wear off, and I had to wear an eye patch. I don't know why the dentist is so freaking difficult for me, but whatever. I'm being an adult and getting it done, even though I hate it. My next appointment will be my last 2 fillings (I had 6) and then I have a crown that needs to be replaced. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment