Today I learned that the district won't approve another teacher for our school, and there is no way to get my class sizes down to manageable unless we put the SPED kids with the SPED teacher, in her own classroom. This is good news because I've been doing her work and my work because she has never taught middle school OR math. I'm pretty much drowning in work! So she will have to sink or swim and now I can get caught up. I should probably feel bad since she is going to be struggling and her students will not have a fair chance at success, but I can't keep doing everything for both of us.
Tuesday 8/23 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. = 8.5 hours, 1.5 unpaid, 30 minute meeting after school with parent about kid who isn't doing any work and is robbing the rest of the class of at least 10 instructional minutes every single day, and an hour doing seating chart and rearranging the desks.
Tuesday 8/23 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. = 8.5 hours, 1.5 unpaid, 30 minute meeting after school with parent about kid who isn't doing any work and is robbing the rest of the class of at least 10 instructional minutes every single day, and an hour doing seating chart and rearranging the desks.
No comments:
Post a Comment