Friday, September 26, 2008

The old man

Yesterday the old man I work with told me I was "falling apart like a ten dollar shotgun and wound up tighter than a ten cent watch." So I guess he mixes his metaphors. That one actually felt kind of mean so I didn't really respond when he said that. Usually I laugh at him.
He has been working at the prison forever. I mean, like 20 years or something. Once when I asked him what the secret was, he told me he was heavily sedated and offered to give me the number of his doctor. I can never tell when he is serious so I just laughed.
He is also the one that said to me once, "What in the cornbreaded hell are you eating?" Which made me laugh so hard I almost spewed my food all over the table.
If I can get through today, only 5 more days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment