Thursday, May 17, 2007

At least it's better than plantar warts

My foot has been hurting ever since AIMS. All that walking, and in bad shoes, resulted in an ache that never went away. Last week it started hurting pretty darn bad, and so I went to the doctor and found out it's plantar fascitis. Meaning, in layman's terms, my foot hurts. All I have to do is ice it and stretch it and take ibuprofen, and stop wearing bad shoes even if they are cute.
So I told my principal that I had to wear tennis shoes to work for this last week or so of school. She doesn't care. She's just glad I am still showing up. The students are MISERABLE to be around. They just cannot believe that we still expect them to work. Every day they come in, and look at the white board where I write the learning objective for that day. They see an actual learning objective and start complaining before class even starts!! I think they are hoping by some miracle of tiredness and bad teaching that one day they will walk in, and instead of "I can find the area of a geometric figure," it will say something like, "My teacher is too tired, so I won't be learning today." Or, "It's the end of the school year, so I won't be learning today." Or how about, "My teacher doesn't give a rat's hairy ass, so I won't be doing squat today." BUT NO!!! Tyrant that I am, today we are finding area and circumference in anticipation of starting surface area tomorrow. How dare I, people? HOW DARE I??
The best part is when I remind them that some of them will have me again next year, and the ones that don't will have the dreaded Mrs. Barbier, who is meaner on her best day than I am on my worst. HA! Take that, you pubescent, smelly little monsters!
Oh dear. It appears I have lost track of my softer side once again.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    heehee! RL's is miserable as well these days and she's only in the third grade....she just can't believe she has so much time left in school...

    ReplyDelete