I have never liked halloween, but the older my kids get, the more of a pain in the arse this "holiday" turns out to be. I have argued until I am blue in the face with my 14 year old, who insists she is not too old to be trick-or-treating. Someone else told me they draw the line at facial hair, so maybe she isn't too old yet, but my gut says when they are taller than me, it's time to quit. Then the older daughter asks if she can have a friend sleep over. It's a school night, I say. It's halloween, she says. Fine, I say. I'm too tired to keep this up any longer. I might be spared the younger one going anywhere as she has been sick for the last few weeks with a strange fever that comes and goes. If she has a fever, then oh well! Can't go anywhere.
My students are not allowed to dress up for halloween, thank goodness. It's too much of a distraction. However, they are 12 year olds, and they LOVE halloween. They will push the limits, I am sure. The best part is that my principal, in her infinite wisdom, chose TODAY as picture day. This should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment